Submitted by: Carrie Morris Lot # 2451
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon zest.
- Add flour mixture, a cup at a time, and stop once combined.
- Roll 2 Tbsp into a ball and place onto baking sheet, keeping them 2 inches apart.
- Dip a glass into sugar and press each ball lightly just until flattened.
- Bake for 13 minutes or just until barely browned on the bottom; allow to cool.
- Make lemon glaze: Mix all of the icing ingredients together in a Pyrex measuring cup with a whisk until smooth and no lumps; let it sit for a few minutes then pour/spoon it on each cookie.