Lake Algaecide Treatment Update – Part 2
This past week, we informed you about a recommendation by AquaDoc and EnviroScience for a second treatment of the algaecide. While the conditions on the lake showed no algae, the satellite data did indicate that a potential algal bloom may be forming. This was the basis of the recommendation.
This week, AquaDoc again reviewed the lake, and still found no evidence for the Harmful Algal Bloom suggested from the satellite data. Therefore, it is the current opinion that we delay a second treatment until conditions on the lake warrant the expenditure. The lake will be evaluated on an ongoing basis and a decision will be made based on the conditions on the lake as we go forwards. We will keep you updated if conditions change.