Important Information Regarding Algae Treatments
6/17/21 Update: Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this first round of algae treatments. Boating may resume at noon. Please refrain from swimming in the lake until Friday.
To Our Roaming Shores Neighbors,
We are pleased to be moving forward with lake treatments to mitigate the Harmful Algae Blooms we have experienced over the last several years. The first half of the treatment is planned for Tuesday, June 15th. The second half will be applied approximately 2 weeks later (this treatment will not affect the 4th of July weekend). The following will occur before and after all treatments:
- The lake valve will be open to lower the water by several inches as requested by the Ohio EPA. This will occur from Friday, June 11th thru Monday, June 14th.
Please adjust your boat tie downs to accommodate the water level change.
- The first of two Vodaguard C treatments will be applied on Tuesday, June 15th with the second treatment approximately 2 weeks later.
- We are asking that there be no boat or jet ski traffic on the lake from Tuesday, June 15th through Wednesday, June 16th. Boat turbulence will risk the effectiveness of the treatment. Please stay off of the water until Thursday at noon.
- Please turn off all fountains and any equipment that moves water both on top and under the water surface.
- Although deemed safe for human contact, we request that there is no swimming in the lake until Friday, June 18th.
- The boat ramp will be closed during application on Tuesday, June 15th and Wednesday, June 16th.
- Do not water your property with lake water until Friday, June 18th
We expect to have a second round of treatments later in the season, depending on lake conditions. Thank you all for your cooperation and for giving these treatments the best opportunity for success.
RomeRock Association Board of Directors