Lake Sediment Control Sub-Committee minutes – August 14, 2013
Attendees: Barry O’Connell, Carolyn Tharp, Louise Lowrey, Rick Gainar, Rachel Morris, John Martin, Dell Rogers
Meeting started at 7:00pm at the RRA office.
Item 1. Introductions and back grounds of attendee’s experiences.
Item 2. All attendees expressed concern regarding level of nutrients and sediment coming into the lake.
- A discussion of the different studies and, their sources with the group strongly recommending that every source of information be evidence based and authoritative.
Item 3. The need to define a methodology that will lead us to a solution that best fits our lake sediment and nutrient loading issues was discussed.
- Suggested process / methodology for going forward.
- Create a data base of past and present relevant research related to sediment and nutrient loading of the lake.
- Identify appropriate local, state, and federal resources including Universities, nonprofit organizations, extension offices related to clean water.
- Identify sediment source
- Map and characterize sediment by analyzing
- Biological/Biochemical elements contributing to unacceptable lake conditions.
- Rachel Morris for her input and helping in defining the steps for our suggested process.
- Barry Oconnell for input and insight to pass studies and flow rates.
Next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday September 11, 2013 at 7:00pm RRA Office
Meeting ended at 8:30pm